June 26, 2018
ICYMI: Complete Tennessee Featured on Gates Foundation's "To a Degree" Podcast
Executive Director Kenyatta Lovett discusses Tennessee's progress and postsecondary attainment goals
NASHVILLE, TN - A newly-released episode of the Gates Foundation’s higher education podcast, “To a Degree,” features commentary from Complete Tennessee Executive Director Dr. Kenyatta Lovett on Tennessee’s recent postsecondary progress and the importance of maintaining the state’s commitment to educational improvement. Click here to listen.
We’ve been fortunate to have had eight years higher education reforms focused on student success… We do have more room to grow, especially in terms of closing achievement gaps for low-income students and students of color, but there’s a clear understanding in Tennessee of the value of higher education – especially as it pertains to workforce development.
– Kenyatta Lovett
The podcast episode also features interviews with other national education experts and thought leaders, including:
- Jeremy Anderson, President, Education Commission of the States
- Melissa Henderson, Deputy Director of Policy, Educate Texas
- Michele Siqueiros, President, Campaign for College Opportunity
- Patrick Dillon, Partner, Hilltop Public Solutions
- Megan McCafferty, Associate Program Officer for U.S. Policy, Advocacy and Communications, Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation
# # #